John F. Hoback
Director of New Product Development
Rizer Hammer Helper LLC
17200 W. Bell Rd
Surprise, AZ 85374
When I was building houses, I was well aware of the cost of lumber and labor. I was constantly faced with; “Which do I sacrifice for the sake of time and profit”? It still drives me nuts to see new studs hanging out of the dumpsters as I drive by construction sites! Studs running upwards of $5-7 apiece just tossed out. I often stop and check out why they were thrown in the waste; most of the time the culprit is nails, no one wants to take the time to pull a half-dozen nails to save a board… I began thinking about: What might encourage a worker to take that extra effort? I figured the solution must include: “Conveyance, faster and easier”: Hence the Idea for a new tool was born. A New “Cool” Tool that:
1. Attaches to a tool belt (or in pocket).
2. It installs in seconds.
3. It makes the job 50% easier.
The tool has won several awards and honorable mentions, including a 2019 PTIA nationwide tool contest winner. The tool is Patent Pending (approved), PCT Patent Pending and currently entering the market place. Will it sell? As an early indication, the tool sold out within hours depleting the Distributers inventory on Amazon in the wake of the PTIA announcement.
Current status: We are building inventory for a Market Launch early in 2020.
We plan to have two models by then. Aluminum (CNC) and Injection molded, the ladder allows for a lower price point in order to reach out to a larger market.
The tool is simple and can be quantity produced at a low cost, allowing for higher profit margins. This is a huge opportunity for a company with vision. For a company that desires growth, and possesses the manufacturing, marketing and distribution resources. If Interested, Please contact: John 907-223-6771
John F. Hoback
Rizer Hammer Helper LLC
*For further information please see “Licensing”: rizerhammerhelper.com
For: sample tool: Please email Tool requests (will be mailed after January 1, 2020).
Also: tool can be purchased on Amazon (for faster delivery).
Ten Criteria For Success:
How does Rizer Hammer Helper measure up?
Ten Criteria for success: Rizer Attachment
1. Does the product has the “wow” factor? Absolutely, the difference between not having this tool and using it is amazing. It solves a difficult and frustrating problem. The strength it enables one to pull nails is a definite “WOW”.
2. People agree with your premise. I have demonstrated the tool to Framers, Contractors, Business/economics professor, Hardware Store Manager plus every day folks. Every comment has been positive, with positive suggestions that reinforce the belief that this is a great idea and useful tool that the public would be interested in.
3. The product offers a total solution? The tool does cut the products needed to solve a problem, The Rizer attachment attached to a hammer increases its abilities to perform a job it could not prior to. There are many situations that the Hammer alone cannot solve, but the Hammer and Rizer could.
4. The product targets people with passion. Who is more passionate than builders, woodworkers and DIY’rs? This tool is a perfect fit for any person that owns a hammer.
5. The product relates to an emerging market. We think it is a perfect fit for the DIY’rs. The desire to use reclaimed products, a green foot print as well as the economics of cost savings will continue to grow in popularity. This tool is king for helping restore reclaimed wood.
6. The product targets new trends in an existing market. This tool is born from a past and current need. If there is a nail that needs to be pulled Rizer can make it easier. There is not a carpenter on the job that cannot benefit from this tool!
7. The product offers few technical challenges. This is a simple tool, it’s technical issues have been solved. It can be produced economically in order to be affordable and profitable.
8. Targeted customers can easily find the products. This tool can be sold on the web as well as smaller and larger stores. As hand tools go, the Rizer is cool looking with curb appeal. It is a good fit for any tool distributer, both wholesale as well as retail.
9. The product conveys its major benefits quickly. A picture says it all! Even the Logo depicts what the tools major benefit is. Along with short tag claims. The tool and its simple packaging look intriguing and interesting.
10. The product avoids competitors with category-dominating companies. This tool is very unique, “there is no other tool like it” on the market. We do not see the tool in direct competition with big companies. This tool is a quick, available and handy fix for a frequent problem for anyone with limited tools and limited storage.